HomeChoice Insurance Plan
HomeChoice Insurance Plan (“Plan”) aims to protect your home sweet home from unpredictable events like burglary and typhoon. This Plan brings you and your precious belongings multiple protections and gives you extra peace of mind.
Plan Coverage includes HKD10,000,000 legal liability protection, up to HKD1,250,000 home content protection, HKD60,000 alternative accommodation benefit (per accident), HKD100,000 accident death protection, repair cost reimbursement for mobile phone, laptop or tablet computers that is physically damaged worldwide and 24-hour Emergency Home Assistance Service. Village houses or properties in aged buildings can also be insured!
The Plan is a householder insurance plan applicable for householder, tenant and self-occupied landlord only.
To apply for the Plan, customers are required to fill in and submit the application details within 30 days from the date of payment. Policy effective date must be within 90 days immediately after the submission date of all policy application details. If the customers fail to submit the application details within the prescribed time, the insurance policy will not be issued, and the insurance order will be invalid.
This Plan is underwritten by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) ("Zurich”), which is authorised and regulated by the Insurance Authority of the Hong Kong SAR. Zurich reserves right of final approval and decision in respect of the Plan.
1. This is a householder insurance plan applicable for householder, tenant and self-occupied landlord only.
2. The applicant must be an individual, and must not be a company or hold the policy jointly with others.
3. The applicant must be aged 18 or above.
4. The applicant or the member of the household residing with the applicant has/have not sustained any loss, damage, liability or accident indemnified under any home insurance cover during the last 3 years.
5. Adjusted premium and/or deductible may be applied subject to different circumstances, please read all the information stated in this page including photos and descriptions.
6. This insurance plan available under HKTVmall is the standard plan with no optional coverages. For details of the optional coverages, please contact Zurich Customer Service Hotline.
7. Effective date of insurance policy must be within 90 days from the existing submission date of the insurance application.
8. Levy collected by the Insurance Authority (if any) has been imposed on this policy at the applicable rate and would be remitted in accordance with the prescribed arrangements. For further information, please visit http://www.zurich.com.hk/ia-levy.
9. Zurich reserves the right to revise or adjust the premium at the time of policy renewal.
Zurich will not be liable for any loss, destruction, injury, disease or damage to any person or property, or any liability for loss, destruction, injury, or damage to any person or property, caused directly or indirectly by or contributed to, by or arising from:
1. Unexplained Loss
Unexplained loss or disappearance of any property;
2. Criminal Activities
Any wilful, malicious or unlawful act of the insured person or any criminal acts of any person;
3. Latent Defects
Events which have already happened or damage which has already existed before the beginning of the period of insurance;
4. Deliberate Damage
Deliberate acts of you or a member of your household or employee or domestic helper of you or a member of your household;
5. Consequential Loss
Consequential loss of any kind;
6. Loss of Value
Depreciation or loss in value of any property;
(a) Permanent or temporary dispossession resulting from confiscation, nationalization, commandeering or requisition by any lawfully constituted authority;
(b) Permanent or temporary dispossession resulting from the unlawful occupation by any person;
8. Unauthorized Building Works
Any unauthorized structures and/or unauthorized building erection demolition repair installation and renovation works on or within the building. For the purpose of this clause the meaning of unauthorized structures and unauthorized building works will be construed in accordance with the Buildings Ordinance, Chapter 123 of the Laws of Hong Kong;
9. Pollution & Contamination
The discharge, dispersal, release or escape of smoke, vapours, soot, fumes, acids, alkalis, toxic chemicals, liquids or gases, waste material or other irritants, contaminants or pollutants by you and/or a member of your household into or upon land atmosphere or any water course or body of water;
10. Radioactive Contamination
Any expenses, consequential loss, legal liability or loss of or damage to any property directly or indirectly arising from:
(a) Ionising radiations from or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste or from the combustion of nuclear fuel;
(b) The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous or contaminating properties of any nuclear installation reactor or other nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof;
(c) Any weapon employing atomic or nuclear fission and/or fusion or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter;
(d) The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous or contaminating properties of any radioactive matter;
(a) War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war;
(b) Mutiny, civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to a popular rising, military rising, insurrection, rebellion, revolution, military or usurped power, or any act of any person acting on behalf of or in connection with any organization with activities directed towards the overthrow by force of the Government de jure or de facto or to the influencing of it by terrorism or violence;
(a) Any act of terrorism regardless of any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any other sequence to the loss;
(b) Any action in controlling, preventing, suppressing, retaliating against or responding to any such act of terrorism;
(c) For the purpose of this exclusion, an act of terrorism includes any act, preparation or threat of action of any person or group(s) of persons whether acting alone or on behalf of or in connection with any organisation(s) or government(s) de jure or de facto committed for political, religious, ideological, or similar purposes including the intention to influence any government de jure or de facto of any nation or any political division thereof and/or to intimidate the public or any section of the public of any nation and which:
i. involves violence against one or more person;
ii. involves damage to property;
iii. endangers life other than that of the person committing the action;
iv. creates a risk to the health or safety of the public or a section of the public; or
v. is designed to interfere with or disrupt an electronic system.
(d) In any action, suit or other proceedings where Zurich alleged that by reason of the provisions of this condition any loss or damage is not covered by this policy, the burden of proving that such loss or damage is covered shall be upon you;
13. Sonic Bangs
Pressure waves from aircraft or other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speed;
14. Software and Data-Related Losses Exclusion
(a) Any “Software Loss” except:
i. “Software Loss” resulting solely from direct physical loss of or direct physical damage to the equipment, hardware, media or device on which the program, computer software or operating systems, programming instructions, or data are transported, processed or contained;
ii. direct physical loss or direct physical damage to tangible property by fire or explosion that results from a “Software Loss”. For the purposes of this exclusion, electronic data, program(s), computer software or operating system(s) programming instruction(s) and data are not tangible property;
(b) “Software Loss” means loss of or damage to any program(s), computer software or operating system(s), programming instruction(s) or data arising out of or resulting from any failure, malfunction, deficiency, deletion, fault, “virus”, deletion or corruption or any loss of use, reduction in functionality, cost, expenses or liability resulting therefrom. “Software Loss” includes, but is not limited to, loss or damage resulting from any authorized or unauthorized access in, of or to any computer, communication system, file server, networking equipment, computer system, computer hardware, data processing equipment, computer memory, microchip, microprocessor (computer chip), integrated circuit or similar device in computer equipment, any program, computer software or operating systems, programming instructions or data.
(c) “Virus” means software, data or code that affects the operation of functionality of any computer, communications system, file server, networking equipment, computer system, computer hardware, data processing equipment, computer memory, microchip, microprocessor (computer chip), integrated circuit or similar device in computer equipment, program, computer software or operating systems, programming instructions or data including, but not limited to, any destructive program, computer code, computer virus, worm, logic bomb, denial of service attack, smurf attack, vandalism, trojan horse or any other data introduced into any electronic system causing deletion, destruction, degradation, corruption, malfunction or compromise of or to data, software or electronic business systems.
How to claim
Submit claim(s) electronically through:
Download "Zurich HK" App
Submit claim(s) through email/post:
1. Complete the claim form. You may call Zurich’s claims hotline or visit Zurich’s website to obtain the claim form.
2. Submit the completed claim form and the related documents to Zurich within 30 days of the date of the incident causing such loss by mail or email to:
Address: Claims Department, Zurich Insurance Company Ltd, 26/F, One Island East, 18 Westlands Road, Island East, Hong Kong
Email address: email@example.com
3. You will receive an acknowledgment SMS and/or email in two (2) working days.
4. The claims assessment will be completed upon receipt of all necessary documents.
Customer Service Hotline: +852 2968 2288 (Mon-Fri: 9:00a.m.- 5:30p.m.)
Claims Hotline: +852 2903 9388 (Mon-Fri: 9:00a.m. - 5:30p.m.; Sat: 9:00a.m. - 1:30p.m.)
HomeChoice Insurance Plan Declarations
1. I hereby apply for HomeChoice Insurance Plan (“Plan”). I declare that to the best of my knowledge and belief the information on this enrollment form is true and complete in every respect and all information disclosed have been verified by me as true and correct. I understand and agree that this enrollment form and declaration will form the basis of the contract between me and Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (“Zurich”).
2. I declare that I am residing at the home now proposed for insurance.
3. I declare that I or member(s) of my household who are residing with me have not sustained any loss, damage, liability or accident indemnified under any home insurance cover during the last 3 years.
4. I understand that I shall refer to the policy of this Plan for details of the insurance coverage, exclusion clauses and terms and conditions.
5. Subject to Zurich's consent, I agree that this policy will be renewed. I acknowledge and agree that Zurich reserves the right to refuse to renew this policy and it will not be obligated to reveal the reasons for such refusal.
6. I understand I must complete and provide all information requested in this enrollment form, failing which Zurich cannot process my application for this Plan.
7. I hereby authorize any company within the Zurich Insurance Group which is in possession of my personal information to release part or all of the information to Zurich or its agents.
The photos and/or descriptions are for reference only and do not form part of the insurance contract. For full terms and conditions and exclusions, please refer to the policy document itself which shall prevail in case of inconsistency. Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) reserves right of final approval and decision. (If there is any discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail).
Please read the declarations (as above), policy wording of this HomeChoice Insurance Plan and the Personal Information Collection Statement of Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) before proceeding to apply for the Plan.
HomeChoice Insurance Plan FAQ:
Personal Information Collection Statement:
After successful payment, you can review Insurance Order and fill in the Insurance Application Details in "My Account" > "Insurance Order".
How to fill in Insurance Application Details:
After successful payment, you must submit Insurance Application Details for policy to be effective.
Follow the below instructions:
Step 1: Go to "My Account", view "Insurance Order".
Step 2: Under "Incomplete Insurance Order", click "Fill in Insurance Application Details".
tep 3: Fill in all the insurance application details and click "Confirm".
Step 4: Confirm "Insurance Details Summary", then click "Submit".
Step 5: After successful submission of Insurance Application Details to the insurance company, a confirmation notification will be displayed.
Step 6: Go to "My Account" to view "Insurance Order", insurance policy number will be displayed for the application that have been successfully submitted, indicating the policy is officially effective.
For further instructions on filling Insurance Application Details, please go to "Insurance Application Details" Tutorial.