Pleasure Plus Personal Accident Insurance
The plan provides you with tailored coverage for children, adults and the elderly to meet accidental risk exposures. It covers accidental death, permanent disablement and accidental medical expenses. In addition to the accident protection up to HKD 300,000, indemnity for loss of independent existence due to accident is up to HK$1,500,000. The plan is guaranteed acceptance* and is lifetime renewable.
For issue of insurance policy, customers are required to fill in and submit the application details within 30 days from the date of payment. If the customers fail to submit the application details within the prescribed time, the insurance policy will not be issued and the insurance order will be invalid.
Policy effective date must be on the application submit date or any day within 30 days from the application submit date.
1. The insured person must be a Hong Kong citizen or ordinary resident in Hong Kong holding a valid HKID card, and with a permanent address.
2. Guaranteed acceptance for all applicants except for those that are under the excluded occupations as defined, and Zurich reserves the right of final approval and decision.
3. When the insured person reaches the age of 18 years upon policy renewal, the cover will be automatically converted from Junior Cover to Adult Cover. When the insured person reaches the age of 71 years upon policy renewal, the cover will be automatically converted from Adult Cover to Elderly Cover and the plan level will remain the same under the new cover. Following the automatic conversion of cover, the applicable premium rate will be changed accordingly.
4. For insured person aged between six months and 17 years old at the policy effective date, the policyholder of this plan must be his/her parent or legal guardian. However, when the insured person attains the age of 18, he/she will automatically become the policyholder upon renewal.
5. Subject to the insurance cover of respective policies, any individual insured person under Adult Cover can enjoy up to a maximum limit of HKD10,000,000 for accidental death and permanent disablement benefit per life in aggregate of all policies issued by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd and/or its related companies.
Policy does not cover death, disablement, injury or loss directly or indirectly caused by, resulting from or in connection with any of the following:
1. the time when the insured person is engaging in duty for Occupation Class 3 or above;
2. Regardless of the occupation class, if the insured person’s occupation:
- is actor/actress, kung fu instructor, stunt man, fisherman, ship crew, racing driver, jockey, detective, China-Hong Kong cross border drivers, scaffolding worker, disciplinary forces, naval or military or airforce service or operations or armed force services of any country or international authority;
- requiring high degree of physical exertion or working in an extra hazardous working environment;
- is any offshore activities like commercial diving or oil rigging or mining or aerial photography;
- involves handling of explosives;
- requiring works in underground or underwater or any works at height outside building.
3. any pre-existing condition or related conditions;
4. any kind of disease or sickness; or any loss caused by an injury which is a consequence of any kind of disease;
5. any cosmetic surgery, procurement or use of special braces, appliances or equipment except for it is reasonably caused by an accident;
6. the insured person’s participating in any illegal or unlawful acts;
7. riding or driving in any kind of motor racing, or engaging in a sport in a professional capacity or where the insured person would or could earn income or remuneration from engaging in such sport; any activity or involvement of the insured person in the air unless such insured person is at the relevant time (i) travelling as a fare paying passenger on a regular scheduled flight or licensed chartered aircraft, or (ii) participating in such activity where the maneuver or navigation of such activity is responsible by another person who is adequately licensed for guiding such activity and the provider of such activity must be authorized by the relevant local authority;
8. suicide, attempted suicide or intentional self-injury, insanity, mental disorder of any kind, psychosis, stress or depression, any condition under the influence of alcohol or drugs (other than those prescribed by a qualified medical practitioner), childbirth, pregnancy, miscarriage or Acute Mountain Sickness;
9. war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, or military or usurped power, direct participation in strike, riot or civil commotion or any kinds of participation in any act of terrorism;
10. any injury, illness, death, loss, expense or other liability attributable to HIV (Human Immune Deficiency Virus) and/or HIV-related illness including AIDS and/or any mutant derivative or variations thereof however caused or however named;
11. any expenses, consequential loss, legal liability or loss or damage directly or indirectly arising from:
- ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel;
- the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any nuclear assembly or nuclear component.
Personal Accident Insurance Plan Declarations
1. I hereby apply for Pleasure Plus Personal Accident Insurance Plan (“Plan”). I declare that to the best of my knowledge and belief the information on this enrollment form is true and complete in every respect and all information disclosed have been verified by me as true and correct. Where applicable, I declare that I have full and complete authority from the insured person to submit on their behalf this application and disclose any personal information being requested to assess this application. I understand and agree that this enrollment form and declaration will form the basis of the contract between me and Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (the “Company”).
2. I authorize the Company to obtain the necessary medical information from the insured person’s medical practitioner(s) and I agree to supply additional information relevant to the policy of this Plan at my own expense.
3. I understand that I shall refer to the policy of this Plan for details of the insurance coverage, major declined occupations, exclusion clauses and terms and conditions.
4. I understand I must complete and provide all information requested in this enrollment form, failing which the Company cannot process my application for this Plan.
5. I declare that the insured person is in good health and free from physical and mental impairment or deformity.
Those photos are for reference only and do not form part of the insurance contract. For full terms and conditions and exclusions, please refer to the policy document itself which shall prevail in case of inconsistency. Zurich Insurance Company Ltd. reserves the right of final approval and decision. (The English version shall prevail in case of inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions).
Please read the Declarations, Policy Wording of this Personal Accident Insurance Plan and the Personal Information Collection Statement of Zurich Insurance Company Ltd and before proceeding to apply for this insurance plan.
Personal Information Collection Statement:
After successful payment, you can review Insurance Order and fill in the Insurance Application Details in "My Account" > "Insurance Order".
How to fill in Insurance Application Details:
After successful payment, you must submit Insurance Application Details for policy to be effective.
Follow the below instructions:
Step 1: Go to "My Account", view "Insurance Order".
Step 2: Under "Incomplete Insurance Order", click "Fill in Insurance Application Details".
Step 3: Fill in all the insurance application details and click "Confirm".
Step 4: Confirm "Insurance Details Summary", then click "Submit".
Step 5: After successful submission of Insurance Application Details to the insurance company, a confirmation notification will be displayed.
Step 6: Go to "My Account" to view "Insurance Order", insurance policy number will be displayed for the application that have been successfully submitted, indicating the policy is officially effective.
For further instructions on filling Insurance Application Details, please go to "Insurance Application Details" Tutorial.