Passenger Essential Protection (“the Plan”) aims to provide simple coverage for the risk borne by individuals when riding on transportation.
In the event that the insured person is acting as a passenger taking public common carrier or private car in Hong Kong who accidentally died or becomes permanently disabled due to a traffic accident, the Plan will provide up to HKD 1,500,000 benefit and daily hospital income of HKD 750 (Max. 15 days per accident) as compensation.
The Plan accepts individuals aged between 6 months and 80 years old on the policy effective date (the date immediately after the submission date of all policy application details).
To apply for the Plan, customers are required to fill in and submit the application details within 30 days from the date of payment. Policy effective date will be the date immediately after the submission date of all policy application details. If the customers fail to submit the application details within the prescribed time, the insurance policy will not be issued, and the insurance order will be invalid.
This Plan is underwritten by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) ("Zurich”), which is authorized and regulated by the Insurance Authority of the Hong Kong SAR. Zurich reserves right of final approval and decision.
1. The policyholder and the insured person must be a Hong Kong resident in Hong Kong holding a valid HKID card (or a valid Hong Kong birth certificate), and with a residential address in Hong Kong.
2. Only one insured person is covered in the Plan.
3. The insured person must be aged between 6 months and 80 years old on the policy effective date.
4. For insured person aged between six months and 17 years old at the policy effective date, the policyholder of this plan must be his/her parent or legal guardian. However, when the insured person attains the age of 18, she/he will automatically become the policyholder upon renewal.
5. Subject to the insurance cover of respective policies, any individual insured person can enjoy up to a maximum limit of HKD 10,000,000 for accidental death and permanent disablement benefit per life in aggregate of all policies issued by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd and/or its related companies.
6. The Plan is applicable to accidents and hospital confinements occur in Hong Kong only. For avoidance of doubt, an accident occurs after the insured person has departed from Hong Kong by completing the departure clearance procedure of the Hong Kong Immigration Department will not be covered.
7. Levy collected by the Insurance Authority (if any) has been imposed on this policy at the applicable rate and would be remitted in accordance with the prescribed arrangements. For further information, please visit http://www.zurich.com.hk/ia-levy
8. There will be no refund of premium on the unexpired period whenever this policy is cancelled by you or Zurich.
9. Zurich reserves the right to revise or adjust the premium at the time of policy renewal.
This policy does not cover death, disablement, injury or loss directly or indirectly caused by, resulting from or in connection with any of the following:
1. any accident occurred or hospital confinement outside Hong Kong;
2. any kind of disease or sickness; or any loss caused by an injury which is a consequence of any kind of disease;
3. any hospital confinement for cosmetic surgery, or for the purpose of rest and/or convalescence;
4. the insured person’s participating in any illegal or unlawful acts;
5. riding or driving in any kind of motor racing, or engaging in a sport in a professional capacity or where the insured person would or could earn income or remuneration from engaging in such sport;
6. suicide, attempted suicide or intentional self-injury, insanity, mental disorder of any kind, psychosis, stress or depression, any condition under the influence of alcohol or drugs (other than those prescribed by a qualified medical practitioner), childbirth, pregnancy, miscarriage or Acute Mountain Sickness;
7. war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, or military or usurped power, direct participation in strike, riot or civil commotion or any kinds of participation in any act of terrorism;
8. any injury, illness, death, loss, expense or other liability attributable to HIV (Human Immune Deficiency Virus) and/or HIV-related illness including AIDS and/or any mutant derivative or variations thereof however caused or however named;
9. any expenses, consequential loss, legal liability or loss or damage directly or indirectly arising from:
- ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel;
- the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any nuclear assembly or nuclear component.
How to claim
Notify Zurich through eClaim (http://www.zurich.com.hk/eclaim
) within thirty (30) days from the date of any accident causing injury to the insured person or within thirty (30) days after the date on which the insured person is discharged from the hospital, whichever is later. In the event of accidental death, immediate notice thereof must be given to us.
Customer Service Hotline: +852 2968 2288 (Mon-Fri: 9:00a.m.- 5:30p.m.)
Claims Hotline: +852 2903 9388 (Mon-Fri: 9:00a.m. - 5:30p.m.; Sat: 9:00a.m. - 1:30p.m.)
Passenger Essential Protection Declarations
1. I hereby apply for Passenger Essential Protection. I declare that to the best of my knowledge and belief the information on this enrollment form is true and complete in every respect and all information disclosed has been verified by me is true and correct. Where applicable, I declare that I have full and complete authority from the insured person to submit this application on their behalf and disclose all personal information being requested to assess this application. I understand and agree that this enrollment form and declaration will form the basis of the contract between me and Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) ("Zurich”).
2. I authorize Zurich to obtain the necessary medical information from the insured person’s medical practitioner(s) and I agree to supply additional information relevant to the application of the Plan at my own expense.
3. I understand that I shall refer to the policy of the Plan for details of the insurance coverage, exclusion clauses and terms and conditions.
4. I understand I must complete and provide all information requested in this enrollment form, failing which Zurich cannot process my application for the Plan.
5. I declare that the insured person is in good health and free from physical and mental impairment or deformity.
6. I understand that policy effective date will be the date immediately after the submission date of all policy application details.
The photos and/or descriptions are for reference only and do not form part of the insurance contract. For full terms and conditions and exclusions, please refer to the policy document itself which shall prevail in case of inconsistency. Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) reserves right of final approval and decision. (If there is any discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail).
Please read the declarations (as above), policy wording of this Passenger Essential Protection and the Personal Information Collection Statement of Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) before proceeding to apply for the Plan.
Personal Information Collection Statement:http://bit.ly/2ubus3y
After successful payment, you can review Insurance Order and fill in the Insurance Application Details in "My Account" > "Insurance Order".
How to fill in Insurance Application Details:
After successful payment, you must submit Insurance Application Details for policy to be effective.
Follow the below instructions:
Step 1: Go to "My Account", view "Insurance Order".
Step 2: Under "Incomplete Insurance Order", click "Fill in Insurance Application Details".
Step 3: Fill in all the insurance application details and click "Confirm".
Step 4: Confirm "Insurance Details Summary", then click "Submit".
Step 5: After successful submission of Insurance Application Details to the insurance company, a confirmation notification will be displayed.
Step 6: Go to "My Account" to view "Insurance Order", insurance policy number will be displayed for the application that have been successfully submitted, indicating the policy is officially effective.
For further instructions on filling Insurance Application Details, please go to "Insurance Application Details" Tutorial.https://promo.hktvmall.com/insuranceguide/en/