Child Care Leave Compensation
Child Care Leave Compensation (“the Plan”) aims to provide you with tailored and simple coverage when your child is confined to hospital due to an accident and parent need to take annual leave to take care of your child.
If your insured child is confined to hospital due to an accident and you take annual leave from work to take care of your insured child, the Plan will provide a parent annual leave compensation of HKD 300 per day, up to a maximum of 180 days (per policy year), to cover part of your extra expenses.
The Plan is eligible for insured child 6 years old or below on the first policy effective date of the policy, and renewal is allowed up to the age of 12.
To apply for the Plan, customers are required to fill in and submit the application details within 30 days from the date of payment. Policy effective date will be the date immediately after the submission date of all policy application details. If the customers fail to submit the application details within the prescribed time, the insurance policy will not be issued, and the insurance order will be invalid.
This Plan is underwritten by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) ("Zurich”), which is authorised and regulated by the Insurance Authority of the Hong Kong SAR. Zurich reserves right of final approval and decision.
1. You (as the policyholder) and your child (as the insured person) must be a Hong Kong resident in Hong Kong holding a valid HKID card (or a valid Hong Kong birth certificate), and with a permanent address in Hong Kong.
2. Only one insured person is covered in the Plan.
3. The insured person must be 6 years old or below on the first policy effective date of the policy.
4. You (as the policyholder of the Plan) must be a parent of the insured person.
5. The Plan is applicable to accident and hospital confinements occur in Hong Kong only.
6. The date(s) of the parent’s annual leave must be the same or within the confinement date(s) of the insured person.
7. There will be no refund of premium on the unexpired period whenever this policy is cancelled by you or Zurich.
8. Zurich reserves the right to revise or adjust the premium at the time of policy renewal.
This policy does not cover:
1. any accident occurred or hospital confinement outside Hong Kong;
2. if the insured person’s parent who applies for the claim is a housewife, retired, unemployed, self-employed, or is not under a contract of employment at the time when the accident occurs;
3. any hospital confinement for the purpose of rest and/or convalescence;
4. any pre-existing condition or congenital condition;
5. any kind of disease or sickness, or any loss caused by an injury which is a consequence of any kind of disease;
6. engaging in a sport in a professional capacity or where the insured person would or could earn income or remuneration from engaging in such sport;
7. suicide, attempted suicide or intentional self-injury, insanity, mental disorder of any kind, psychosis, stress or depression, any condition under the influence of alcohol or drugs (other than those prescribed by a qualified medical practitioner);
8. war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, or military or usurped power, or direct participation in strike, riot or civil commotion; and/or
9. any expenses, consequential loss, legal liability or loss of or damage to any property directly or indirectly arising from:
- ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel; or
- the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any nuclear assembly or nuclear component.
How to claim
Call Zurich claims hotline on +852 2903 9388 within thirty (30) days from the date of any incident causing loss or injury to the insured person. Fill in the claim form and supply the required documents as appropriate such as:
- Written original leave certificate issued by the employer of the insured person’s parent
- Discharge summary issued by hospital or public hospital
- Police report (if applicable)
Child Care Leave Compensation Declarations
1. I hereby apply for Child Care Leave Compensation (the “Plan”). I declare that to the best of my knowledge and belief the information on this enrolment form is true and complete in every respect and all information disclosed has been verified by me as true and correct. Where applicable, I declare that I have full and complete authority from the insured person to submit this application on their behalf and disclose all personal information being requested to assess this application. I understand and agree that this enrolment form and declaration will form the basis of the contract between me and Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) ("Zurich”).
2. I authorize Zurich to obtain the necessary medical information from the insured person’s medical practitioner(s) and I agree to supply additional information relevant to the application of the Plan at my own expense.
3. I understand that I shall refer to the policy of the Plan for details of the insurance coverage, major declined occupations, exclusion clauses and terms and conditions.
4. I understand I must complete and provide all information requested in this enrolment form, failing which Zurich cannot process my application for the Plan.
5. I declare that the insured person is in good health and free from physical and mental impairment or deformity.
6. I understand that policy effective date will be the date immediately after the submission date of all policy application details.
The photos and/or descriptions are for reference only and do not form part of the insurance contract. For full terms and conditions and exclusions, please refer to the policy document itself which shall prevail in case of inconsistency. Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) reserves right of final approval and decision. (If there is any discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.)
Please read the declarations (as above), policy wording of this Child Care Leave Compensation and the Personal Information Collection Statement of Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) and before proceeding to apply for the Plan.
After successful payment, you can review Insurance Order and fill in the Insurance Application Details in "My Account" > "Insurance Order".
How to fill in Insurance Application Details:
After successful payment, you must submit Insurance Application Details for policy to be effective.
Follow the below instructions:
Step 1: Go to "My Account", view "Insurance Order".
Step 2: Under "Incomplete Insurance Order", click "Fill in Insurance Application Details".
Step 3: Fill in all the insurance application details and click "Confirm".
Step 4: Confirm "Insurance Details Summary", then click "Submit".
Step 5: After successful submission of Insurance Application Details to the insurance company, a confirmation notification will be displayed.
Step 6: Go to "My Account" to view "Insurance Order", insurance policy number will be displayed for the application that have been successfully submitted, indicating the policy is officially effective.
For further instructions on filling Insurance Application Details, please go to "Insurance Application Details" Tutorial.https://promo.hktvmall.com/insuranceguide/en/