Child Home Accident Protection
Child Home Accident Protection (“the Plan”) aims to provide you with tailored and simple coverage of actual medical expenses when your child (the “insured person”) sustain(s) injury due to accidents occurred at home.
In the event that the insured child sustains injury as a result of an accident occurred at the covered principal home, the Plan shall reimburse the actual medical expenses, including outpatient and inpatient, up to HKD 50,000 (per policy year).
The Plan is eligible for child aged 6 or below on the first policy effective date of the policy, and renewal is allowed up to the age of 12.
To apply for the Plan, customers are required to fill in and submit the application details within 30 days from the date of payment. Policy effective date will be the date immediately after the submission date of all policy application details. If customers fail to submit the application details within the prescribed time, the insurance policy will not be issued, and the insurance order will be invalid.
The Plan is underwritten by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) ("Zurich”), which is authorised and regulated by the Insurance Authority of the Hong Kong SAR. Zurich reserves right of final approval and decision.
1. You (as the policyholder) and your child (as the insured person) must be a Hong Kong resident in Hong Kong holding a valid HKID card (or a valid Hong Kong birth certificate), and with a permanent address in Hong Kong.
2. Only one insured person covered in the Plan.
3. The insured person must be 6 years old or below on the first policy effective date of the policy.
4. You (as the policyholder of the Plan) must be a parent of the insured person.
5. All medical treatments relating to accident occurred in the principle home must be made within Hong Kong and prescribed by a medical practitioner.
6. There will be no refund of premium on the unexpired period whenever this policy is cancelled by you or Zurich.
7. In the event an insured person becomes entitled to a refund of all or part of accidental medical expenses from any other source, Zurich will only be liable for the excess of the amount recoverable from such other sources.
8. Zurich reserves the right to revise or adjust the premium at the time of policy renewal.
This policy does not cover:
1. any accident occurred outside the principal home or any medical expenses incurred outside Hong Kong;
2. any hospitalization for the purpose of rest and/or convalescence;
3. any kinds of dental treatment whatsoever;
4. any pre-existing condition or congenital condition;
5. any kind of disease or sickness, or any loss caused by an injury which is a consequence of any kind of disease;
6. engaging in a sport in a professional capacity or where the insured person would or could earn income or remuneration from engaging in such sport;
7. suicide, attempted suicide or intentional self-injury, insanity, mental disorder of any kind, psychosis, stress or depression, any condition under the influence of alcohol or drugs (other than those prescribed by a qualified medical practitioner);
8. war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, or military or usurped power, or direct participation in strike, riot or civil commotion; and/or
9. any expenses, consequential loss, legal liability or loss of or damage to any property directly or indirectly arising from:
- ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel; or
- the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any nuclear assembly or nuclear component.
How to claim
Call Zurich claims hotline on +852 2903 9388 within thirty (30) days from the date of any incident causing loss or injury to the insured person. Fill in the claim form and supply the required documents as appropriate such as:
- Diagnosis and treatment, including insured person’s name, diagnosis and date of diagnosis, certified by a medical practitioner, and receipt
- Original receipt with itemized list/ receipts issued by clinic or hospital
- Police report (if applicable)
Child Home Accident Protection Declarations
1. I hereby apply for Child Home Accident Protection (the “Plan”). I declare that to the best of my knowledge and belief the information on this enrollment form is true and complete in every respect and all information disclosed has been verified by me is true and correct. Where applicable, I declare that I have full and complete authority from the insured person to submit this application on their behalf and disclose all personal information being requested to assess this application. I understand and agree that this enrollment form and declaration will form the basis of the contract between me and Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) ("Zurich”).
2. I authorize Zurich to obtain the necessary medical information from the insured person’s medical practitioner(s) and I agree to supply additional information relevant to the application of the Plan at my own expense.
3. I understand that I shall refer to the policy of the Plan for details of the insurance coverage, major declined occupations, exclusion clauses and terms and conditions.
4. I understand I must complete and provide all information requested in this enrollment form, failing which Zurich cannot process my application for the Plan.
5. I declare that the insured person is in good health and free from physical and mental impairment or deformity.
6. I understand that policy effective date will be the date immediately after the submission date of all policy application details.
The photos and/or descriptions are for reference only and do not form part of the insurance contract. For full terms and conditions and exclusions, please refer to the policy document itself which shall prevail in case of inconsistency. Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) reserves right of final approval and decision. (If there is any discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.)
Please read the declarations (as above), policy wording of this Child Home Accident Protection and the Personal Information Collection Statement of Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (a company incorporated in Switzerland with limited liability) before proceeding to apply for the Plan.
Notice to Customers relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“Ordinance”):
After successful payment, you can review Insurance Order and fill in the Insurance Application Details in "My Account" > "Insurance Order".
How to fill in Insurance Application Details:
After successful payment, you must submit Insurance Application Details for policy to be effective.
Follow the below instructions:
Step 1: Go to "My Account", view "Insurance Order".
Step 2: Under "Incomplete Insurance Order", click "Fill in Insurance Application Details".
Step 3: Fill in all the insurance application details and click "Confirm".
Step 4: Confirm "Insurance Details Summary", then click "Submit".
Step 5: After successful submission of Insurance Application Details to the insurance company, a confirmation notification will be displayed.
Step 6: Go to "My Account" to view "Insurance Order", insurance policy number will be displayed for the application that have been successfully submitted, indicating the policy is officially effective.
For further instructions on filling Insurance Application Details, please go to "Insurance Application Details" Tutorial.